web analytics
Gugelhopf - Swiss Panetone - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Gugelhopf - Swiss Panetone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gugelhopf - Swiss Panetone

As far as I know this is only made in Switzerland (...nope, I just checked, South Germans also bake it, too), but in any case it tastes a bit like Panetone. Only different.

300 g flour
    20 g fresh yeast
    5 g salt
    100 g melted butter
    2.5 dl milk
    1 egg
    60 g sugar
    grated peel of 1 lemon
    150 g raisons, sultanas, candied friut OR almonds (or any mixture thereof) -this one has half and half of raisins and almonds.

Put all the ingredients in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture starts throwing bubbles. Pour it into a 1.5 litre greased baking form (here they have special Gugelhopf tins with a hole in the middle) and let rise til doubled. Then bake at 200-220 C for about 1/2 an hour. Turn it out and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
    Attached Files
    "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Re: Gugelhopf - Swiss Panetone

Wow, Frances! That's gorgeous. Is it a holiday treat (if memory serves) like panetone or made all year long?

George
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Thank you George

Gugelhopf is made all the year round, especially for aperos and things like that, probably because its not as sweet as regular cake. There's also a salty version with bacon and walnuts in it, goes down very well with white wine or champagne - I'll post that one when I next make it.
      "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

Comment

Bacon and walnuts? Sounds interesting!
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
          As far as I know this is only made in Switzerland (...nope, I just checked, South Germans also bake it, too), but in any case it tastes a bit like Panetone. Only different.

300 g flour
          20 g fresh yeast
          5 g salt
          100 g melted butter
          2.5 dl milk
          1 egg
          60 g sugar
          grated peel of 1 lemon
          150 g raisons, sultanas, candied friut OR almonds (or any mixture thereof) -this one has half and half of raisins and almonds.

Put all the ingredients in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture starts throwing bubbles. Pour it into a 1.5 litre greased baking form (here they have special Gugelhopf tins with a hole in the middle) and let rise til doubled. Then bake at 200-220 C for about 1/2 an hour. Turn it out and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
          Frances
          Sounds like a great recipe. Can't wait to try it. (Fyi )We only get the panatone around Christmas here. If you should ever have any left over, or just something a little differant. Use this bread to make a bread pudding. Taste great.

Mannextdoor

Comment

Cool! Let me know how it turns out, and what you think of it

Comment

I am just clearing out a space in our landescape for an outdoor kitchen. Just about done opening up a space. Am going to included a WFO. Can't wait to start building. Been planning this for a couple of years. Hope to be done by this fall. Once I get stated, I'll post some pictures.

Mannextdoor

Comment

Working...
              X