web analytics
Cooking Surface Clean? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Cooking Surface Clean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking Surface Clean?

Im am wondering what the best procedure/technique is to insure my cooking surface once hot, is clean, enough for the first pizza. I tried last week with a brush only and the crust came out a bit "dusty".

Re: Cooking Surface Clean?

Originally posted by Chuck e View Post
    Im am wondering what the best procedure/technique is to insure my cooking surface once hot, is clean, enough for the first pizza. I tried last week with a brush only and the crust came out a bit "dusty".
    After raking and brushing your fire to the side, slap your metal peel on the floor a couple of times. That will get rid of the gritty stuff. The rest will go up the flu . But, it is all good . By the time you get up to pizza temps, everything in the oven is sanitized .
    I don't care what folks say behind my back........They are either braggin' or.......lyin'

My Build
    My Picasa Web Album

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck e View Post
      I have been told that they think the "ash dust" it what makes the pizza taste so good. I simply brush mine clean and call it good - never had any grit, just dust. I do swab the hearth before I bake, but that is to get some humidity more than anything else.
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I do the metal peel slap method as well.

Chris

Comment

I don't even brush anymore, just a couple of slaps.

Comment

Good question & great answers! I'll give it a try on my next trial run!

Comment

If ashes build up I have a natural fiber bush that I dip in a water bucket, then brush off the floor a couple times. Most of the time, the time the oven is running at a high temp and cleans itself.
              Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
              John Ruskin

Comment

Yes,these ovens are self cleaning, as long as you get them up to temperature.
                Where can I find logs? I need more!
                Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                X