4 lb chicken
1/2 cup cooking olive oil
Juice and grated rind of one lemon
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, peeled, smashed and chopped
1 tsp finely chopped red chilies
Salt and pepper
Fresh lemon wedges
1. Mix the marinade in a shallow glass bowl. Whisk well.
2. Rinse the chicken, then cut it down the middle of the breast and flatten out evenly. Place it in the marinade, turning to cover.
3. Cover the marinade and leave it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours; over night if you can.
4. Rake the coals from a hot oven in front of the oven opening, and place a steel grill in the oven over a few minutes to heat. Then set the whole chicken on a steel grill and place in the oven.
5. Depending on the heat of your oven and coals, you can cook the chicken without turning. If either the top of bottom is significantly hotter, turn the chicken once. Grill for 10-15 minutes total. Garnish with parsley and fresh lemon.
Back to Recipe Index.